At the April 2018 Annual Town Meeting and Election, the Town voters approved switching to a combined, appointed Treasurer/Collector position. Kathy Logue was appointed to that position effective July 1, 2018. Joan Chavez, the Assistant Treasurer/Collector, was hired in July 2018.
Notice To Residents Regarding Online Bill Pay
If you wish to pay your Motor Vehicle Excise, Personal Property, or Real Estate bill(s) online, please click here to access the online bill pay system. If you pay by electronic check, the charge is 50 cents – cheaper than a stamp! You will also have the option to pay with a credit card; a percentage fee will apply in this case.
At this site, you may either just pay your current tax bill online, or sign up for an account with the online bill pay system. The advantages of signing up for an account include: the ability to schedule payments, opt to receive copies of your bills electronically, control the timing of your payment, and track the history of tax bills you have paid. We hope that offering an online bill pay system will make it more convenient for you to pay your bills and to view your billing and payment history.
The site is quite simple and intuitive to use, but if you have any problem registering and/or finding your bills, call City Hall Systems at (508) 381-5455 or use their online chat option for assistance.
The Treasurer/Collector responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Issues bills for and collects all Town taxes
- Receives and is the custodian for all town funds
- Issues payments for the town's bills and employee payroll checks, after approval by the Town Accountant and the Board of Selectmen
- Manages employee benefits, including insurance programs and acting as liaison to the Dukes County Contributory Retirement System
- Issues and manages the Town's debt
- Monitors and processes parcels in Tax Title Foreclosure and serves as custodian of the town's Tax Possessions