Town of West Tisbury
BOARD OF HEALTH
PO Box 278
West Tisbury, Massachusetts 02575
Town of West Tisbury
COVID-19 Public Health Mandate of the West Tisbury Board of Health
Notice is hereby given that on August 13, 2021 the West Tisbury Board of Health adopted the following emergency regulation under the provisions of MGL Chapter 111, § 31
Based upon review of current COVID-19 caseload and testing positivity rates in Dukes County the Board of Health held a meeting on August 13, 2021 and pursuant to M.G.L. Chapter 111 sections 31 and 104 to adopt a public health mandate, adopting an indoor mask mandate in the Town of West Tisbury.
Effective on 12:01am August 13, 2021 face coverings are required for all individuals aged two years and above in all indoor public spaces, or private spaces open to the public except where an individual is unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition or disability.
- Food service establishment customers may only remove face coverings when seated.
- Indoor performance venue customers may only remove face coverings in the actual act of eating and drinking.
- Indoor bar and dance venue customers may only remove face coverings when seated at tables or seated at a bar. Patrons standing or ordering at the bar must be masked. Guests must be masked on indoor dance floors.
- Lodging guests and workers are required to wear face coverings when inside hallways and common areas.
- Houses of worship are covered by this order.
- Fitness Centers/Health Clubs workers, customers, and visitors are required to wear face coverings during fitness activity, including strenuous activity.
- At Personal Services establishments, including but not limited to barber shops, hair and nail salons, all customers and workers are required to wear face coverings, except for skin or beard care that occurs on the face, the customer may temporarily remove the face covering but must immediately put the face covering back on for the remainder of the visit.
- Masks remain mandatory for all individuals on public and private transportation systems (including rideshares, livery, taxi, and the VTA., in healthcare facilities and in other settings hosting vulnerable populations, such as congregate care settings.
- All entry doors of businesses open to the public must be posted – advising customers that facemasks must be maintained inside the establishment. Establishment staff must supervise and enforce this requirement.
This mandate will be in effect until transmission rates on Martha’s Vineyard decrease to a level determined to be safe by the West Tisbury Board of Health.
Date: August 13, 2021 __________Tim Barnett______________
Title: Chair, West Tisbury Board of Health