*Masks and face coverings are still mandatory when in public places where social distancing of at least 6 feet from others is not possible.*
- Due to the difficulty required to maintain social distance on walking/biking paths, such as the path to Lamberts Cove Beach, masks are required.
- Keep at least 12 feet social distance between towel/beach blanket areas.
- Masks do not need to be worn while swimming.
- No groups larger than 10 people since social gatherings of 10 or more remain prohibited.
- Banned activities include but are not limited to football, soccer, spike ball, volleyball, bocce, Kan Jam and Kadima.
Enforcement by Beach Managers
- Beach Managers are to monitor parking lots and other beach entrances in order to enforce a capacity that allows for adequate social distancing.
- Managers are asked to ensure that loading and unloading of cars occurs quickly. Loitering or tailgating in the parking lot is prohibited.
- Visitors must maintain social distancing when interacting with lifeguards except for emergencies.
- Social distance must be maintained at all restroom facilities.
- If picnic areas are too crowded to maintain social distance or can’t be properly sanitized after each use, they must remain closed.
- Any concessions at the beach must follow the restaurant regulations from the state. Sit-down service is prohibited, while take-out is allowed with certain restrictions.
Contact: Russell Hartenstine
Public Information Officer
Dukes County Emergency Management Association
For more information visit: http://www.mass.gov/doc/beaches-guidance-for-managers-5-18-20/download